We are a community of believers seeking to follow the teachings and example of Christ in all of life. We gather to worship God, to pray, to study the Bible, and to encourage one another to faithfulness. We strive to care for the spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being of all whose lives we touch. By our verbal witness and the example of our lives, we call people to faith in Christ and to mature discipleship. We are actively engaged in bringing justice and peace to our local and world community in the name of Christ. We value the strength and richness that diversity brings to our church.
We seek to carry out our vision statement through a variety of programs that include the following:
- Sunday morning worship service
- Sunday school for ages two through adult
- Mid-week club for children grades 1-6
- Youth group
- College and career
- Small group Bible study and fellowship groups for adults
- Cradle roll for parents of babies and young children
Paraphrased Statement of Faith
1) The Bible is God's Word.
2) God has provided for salvation through the death of Jesus Christ. God is Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit.
3) God created the world.
4) All of humankind is created in God's image.
5) Humankind has broken its relationship with God and this relationship cannot be restored in its own strength.
6) Satan is real and opposes God and God's work.
7) Humankind can be reconciled to God by believing in Jesus - salvation is a gift from God that is received by believing in Jesus.
8) Discipleship is part of a Christian lifestyle. It means living a life committed to obedience in Jesus Christ.
9) Followers of Jesus pursue peace rather than violence.
10) Those who believe in Jesus Christ are part of the universal church and seek to live in a way that glorifies God, presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice to God.
11) We recognize the ordinances of baptism, communion and footwashing.
12) Jesus arose in the body and in the future all people will be resurrected either to live with God or separated from Him.
13) Christ will return.
© Copyright Fort Garry Evangelical Mennonite Church